Tuesday, 21 March 2017

A Bitter Pill

'You may write me down in history with your bitter, twisted lines. You may trod me in the very dirt, but still, like dust, I'll rise."

~Maya Angelou






Hello, that was a longer break than I had anticipated when I
wrote my last post. Thank you for the encouraging comments.

Well I have swallowed my bitter pill and I
am learning to move on. I also experienced another couple of set backs since my last post, which is another reason why it has taken me so long to return to blogging. Life's lessons can be hard at times but I keep the story of the Taoist farmer in mind; reminding myself it takes time to discover whether events that happen are good or bad. As things that appear to bad at the time can turn out to be something that has happened for one's best and highest good. Only time will tell. I hope to return to regular blogging soon and to catching up with all the blogs I usually follow even sooner. Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Sherri I hope you will be back soon as you have been missed and I have been wondering how you were. I hope things are improving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel. Things are changing and I hope the changes are a sign of things improving.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you back. I was wondering how you were doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, its good to be back. I was so busy dealing with things that I did not have time to visit with the blogging community. I feel a bit out of touch with everyone and I am looking forward to catching up and seeing how things have been with you.

      Delete
  3. Really hoping whatever the bitter pill was, turns out to be a blessing in disguise for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Things often do turn out to be a blessing in disguise, it just takes time for it to become apparent.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear things are so difficult at the moment. Sending gentle hugs and prayers your way.

    I hope you see the rainbow after the storm soon.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers Emma, they are always much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. It's so good to see you back here again Sherri and I'm looking forward to more of your posts, hopefully soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. I have missed reading your blog and am looking forward to catching up with it.

      Delete
  6. Hello, Sherri. I'm glad that your getting back to that place where you can spend time here again on your blog. I hope that you are catching glimpses of sunshine, in amongst the rain. Take Care. Meg Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, we were so happy to see the rain. We had only the smallest amount of water left in the dam and were using the water to keep the fruit trees alive whilst everything else had started withering away. We have had over 200 mms since the 14th March. Everything is looking green and lush again.

      Delete