Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Order and Inundation




Begin to think of order …as a shape - the foundation - for the beautiful new life you are creating. - Sarah Ban Breathnach




Inundation vb
  1.  flood
  2. overwhelm with things to be dealt with
  3. fill beyond capacity


One afternoon recently I arrived home from work and my husband happily shared the highpoint of his day. He had received an unexpected cheque in the mail. My response? Gratitude? Delight? I am sorry to have to write that it was more of a 'That's nice dear', while on the inside I felt relief that it was a cheque and not something I would have to action. That same evening I took out some paperwork to complete and discovered it was due for submission five days earlier. How in the heck? I am usually much more switched on and have things completed on time. That same night I woke up just after 2.00 in the morning, mind racing, trying to sort out all the things I needed to organise and expedite. I remembered to pray. But my thoughts were too chaotic and my prayer became jumbled and rambling.

Relax dear reader. I have not entered the land of the permanently baffled. I have just simply become overwhelmed.

What do I need to do to work my way back to serenity? Re-establish order in my life.  I will share with you more on how I am slowly bringing order back into my life in a future post.


8 comments:

  1. I'm smirking, because I hear you loud and clear!
    Sounds like an average day at my house!
    I sincerely look forward to reading about how you get it together, because lately I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Step one: Locate absent fairy godmother....

      Delete
  2. Yep. There is a trusty little notepad in my top pocket to hold all the things my brain cannot. It also sits next to my bed so when I awake in an anxiety I can jot it down and get it out of my head. If my head was not attached I would forget that too!
    You're in good company Sherri (....hmmm, that may be a dubious claim!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that I really enjoy using lists but I do find I need to list things so I remember to complete tasks.It is not only satisfying crossing completed tasks off a list but I find looking back on a completed list reminds me that I have indeed been busy.

      Delete
  3. I understand completely! Being slightly OCD I needed to have order or I get flustered and anxious. Christmas, with the extra decorations, chores and guests really gets my feathers ruffled. Lately I've been throwing out things like you wouldn't believe. I've learned just because someone passes something on to you, it doesn't mean I have to keep it. Happy organizing!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have two bags of books sitting in the boot of my car waiting to be donated to charity.

      Delete
  4. I hear you loud and clear - I have been struggling to get blog posts out- I must have at least half a dozen half started ones that were simply never completed from the last few weeks! They deeply reflect my state of mind - which is jumbled. Peace is coming though, schools nearly out, a few more days till Im on holidays....My stuffing is coming out of my sides at the moment - just holding on!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma I have a few unfinished blog posts that I think are good but I can't remember the exact point I was trying express. So those posts remain unfinished until the inspiration returns - if it ever does. Keep holding on Emma, your holidays are nearly here. :-)

    ReplyDelete