Tuesday, 2 August 2016

What Sherri Did - In July 2016

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand, and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." - Edith Sitwell

In General

I have been enjoying the lovely weather and the results of our winter rain. It is truly a wonderful blessing to have lovely green grass through what is normally our dry period.  I also enjoyed a lovely visit from my sister and her daughter during the month. Amongst the endless chatter we also managed to practice some algebra. This was for my niece's benefit.



What I have been reading

Aside from a novel that I managed to read during the month I have been slowly making my way through 'Hot chocolate for the Mystical Soul' by Arielle Ford. I will continue reading it through August.

What I have been watching

I have been watching  the bears at Brooks Falls. Thanks to Rhonda from Down to Earth blog for the link. If you missed it on Rhonda's blog this is the link

I enjoyed the short video on this site filming the transformation of an derelict shed to a writers nook/den 

Beyond (un)economic growth -  'How on Earth' is the title of an upcoming book from the Post Growth Institute. On their website, postgrowth.org they have a short video  about the book. 


Best of the web

Climate catastrophe to hit the tropics sooner - and according to this article it wont' be that far away 

David Holmgren has a book release due next March. You can read about it at here

I thought these crochet button flowers were simply delightful. 

Have you seen photos of Moss Graffiti on the web? It can be a really effective outdoor element. Here is a link giving instructions on how to get it established. 

I hope July was a good month for you.

2 comments:

  1. Moss graffiti...that is interesting Sherri. Not sure if I could find much moss around here. The crochet button flowers are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of pictures of moss graffiti on the web, I think it is very clever and can look really effective. I just don't think my husband would be a fan of it though. The crochet buttons are cute aren't they?

      Delete