During March we drove up Gladstone way to visit my mother in law. My husband's brother and his wife had driven across from Western Australia. As they live in WA and we live in Queensland this was the first time I have met them in person, though we have spoken on the phone of course. It was lovely spending time with them.
|We stayed here , so I could sneak away for rests and Nana naps.|
What I have been reading
- A new language for life - Happy no matter what! By Louis Koster. This from the book caught my attention:
" When my financial situation was difficult, I decided to move my attention away from what I was lacking. I started to acknowledge what I was grateful for in my life.
Realising that life manifests as a response to my state of being, I created a focus on serving and giving with every patient who came into my surgery. Serving and giving reflect a state of abundance. Slowly my finances turned around and abundance manifested in my life".
- Mrs de Winter by Alice Hill. This was written as a sequel to Daphne Du Maurier's "Rebecca"
|This is from the outside of the accommodation. |
It was across the road from the Boyne River. The gardens were very nice.
What I have been
Could you be a latebloomer? I found this report from the CBS News site interesting.
Best of the web
What I have enjoyed most this month from the web;
- I found this site, the Pantry Cookbook interesting.
- Be kind to your future self resonates with me because it is using the same type of perspective as I use when trying to live deliberately.
- I love this post from Suburban Jubilee. I have to admit I have done exactly this myself and have had a great laugh at my own expense.
- Interested in keeping bees? How about a hive that has honey on tap? My husband cut this article on the Flow Hive out of the newspaper and bought it home for me to read. It is too good not to share hence the link.
- This is a terrific article on creative do it yourself chandeliers. What a host of wonderful, creative, recycling ideas for creating beautiful light shades.
- And last but definitely not least saving the wild horses of Woodgate.
|These coat hooks were mounted by the front door. Very sweet.|
I have carried out soil testing and water testing on my property.
I have submitted worksheets on;
- Local water data and observation of water flows on the property,
- The results of the soil testing
- Home Energy audit
How was your March?