Saturday, 5 September 2015

A Stroll Through The Orchard In Spring

"On both sides of the house was a big orchard, one of apple-trees and one of cherry-trees, also showered over with blossoms; and their grass was all sprinkled with dandelions." 

~L. M. Montgomery

Apple Blossom



I took some photos while walking around the orchard last weekend, and wanted to share them with you.







Our apple tree shown above, was planted about 2.5 years ago.



It is hard to see in this photo because of the netting, but this is a photo of our mulberry tree which is bearing fruit now.



We have just finished harvesting our last crop of lemons and the tree is already in flower again.


Our mandarin tree is covered in flower buds.....


....... and so is the lychee tree....


......and the mango trees.

It certainly is a lovely time of year.

7 comments:

  1. L.M.Montgomery is an icon at our house - oft quoted and mis-quoted for pleasure and delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the Anne of Green Gables mini-series that was made in the 80's. I was saddened to read that Jonathan Crombie, the actor who played Gilbert Blythe, died earlier this year, at the age of 48.

      Delete
  2. I have been wondering where you were Sherri and if you were okay. Our mandarin tree still has heaps of fruit on it but they are quite small this year. Probably because they weren't fed at all and had to rely on rainfall for a drink. I guess some water would help. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel, I have been busy with my studies and life in general but am fine. I have popped into the Down to Earth forum from time to time to catch up there but have been too busy reading everyone's comments to add my own! We had a good crop of mandarins this year and very good eating they were too.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful orchard Sherri. Maybe I'll have one similar in the future, but for now I have some dwarf trees in a surburban garden. No mandarins have fruited yet but we have had oranges, lemons, limes, a few mangoes and passionfruit. Just small quantities I'm afraid but tasty all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of the fruits that you can grow there Sherri! But I am grateful for you that you can too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Bee. I do need to manage my tree crops better though, so that I manage to keep some fruit aside for our needs rather than the King Parrots take the lot!

      Delete