Saturday, 15 November 2014

Home-made Face Mask and Night-time Moisturiser.

"Anything you think is wrong with your body at the age of 35, you will be nostalgic for at the age of 45." ~Nora Ephron


Here is a simple tip folks, which is both thrifty and nourishing. During the day if I am going out I use a day moisturiser with foundation in one. This saves me money, and shopping time. (But that is not the tip, the following is.)  Instead of buying a night cream, I use extra virgin olive oil to moisturise my skin. It also supplies my skin with vitamin E and vitamin A. I started using it because I was looking for something to put on my skin that didn't have added fragrance. As I already keep extra virgin olive oil in my pantry, I find it an easily available, inexpensive and a kind to the earth option, to buying night cream. After reading this article, I have decided that there are more ways I can put olive oil to good use.




I also mix Greek yoghurt with a small amount of honey and use that as a face mask. Honey reportedly has moisturising qualities, and yoghurt reportedly exfoliates and softens the skin and refines pores. It leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and hydrated. I leave the mask on for about 15 minutes. I usually have both ingredients on hand, so this saves me from spending money on a face mask, and saves time shopping. It helps the environment because I am buying less packaging. Instead of using fossil fuels driving to the shops, I am just walking to the kitchen for my face mask. Oh, and I am also using less man-made chemicals on my skin.

It is always a wise idea to test anything you are going to put on your skin by applying a small amount as a test patch, in case of reactions.

Do you use any home-made skin care products?

No comments:

Post a Comment